The SDF welcomes the announcement of the new Welsh Zero Carbon Hwb, which will help bring forward the benefits of carbon reduction for new and existing homes in the social housing sector across Wales. The project will be delivered for the Welsh Government by a consortium of delivery partners that includes SDF Alliance member the Good Homes Alliance.
The Hwb will be a collaborative portal open to all social housing providers, where building performance data, product information, case studies, reports and “best practice” guidance can be accessed. The Hwb will also develop and deliver a training programme to help social housing providers deliver the best possible outcomes for their newbuild and retrofit projects.
As the Hwb develops, the following areas of activity will take place:
- Optimising policy consultation and development
- Reducing the risks of innovative new build and retrofit
- Expanding the Welsh net zero carbon supply chain
- Facilitating co-ordination across the skills and training sector
- Enhancing occupant engagement and consumer perceptions
- Stimulating innovation within the finance sector
The Hwb will also play its part in enabling a zero-carbon economic renewal that is aligned with the supply chain in Wales. Importantly for Wales, the Hwb will help the social housing sector to go net zero early, bringing the benefits of low energy bills and healthy home environments to those that need them most.
Find out more on the Good Homes Alliance website.